1)Attacker runs around the course and enters the field through the wide cones.
2)Defender runs the opposite direction and enters the field in between the two nets.
3)The Coach plays a ball into the pitch and the attacker must try and score by dribbling the ball through either of the two nets. The Defenders job is to prevent this from happening.
Coaching Points: 1v1 Agility Exercise
-Attack the space behind the opponent
-Change of Pace and Direction (Agility)
-Attack the front foot
-Speed & Approach
-Distance from the attacker
-Eyes on the ball
-Delay, be patient on the tackle
-Balance and body position
Relevant Age Groups:
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17, U18, U21 and Older
Here is another exercise to help players with their “Acceleration”.
Check out my eBook “50 Soccer Training Exercises” for more training session ideas.
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).
Soccer Drill Categories:
- Warm Up Drills
- Passing Drills
- Receiving Drills
- Shooting Drills
- Attacking Drills
- Defending Drills
- Combination Play Drills
- Fitness Drills
- Small-Sided Games