1)The Defender plays the ball out to an attacker.
2)The Attackers come down the pitch trying to score a goal in a 2v1 attacking scenario.
3)If the defender wins the ball he must dribble up the field across the end line.
This exercise progresses to a 3v2.*
Coaching Points: 2v1 Attacking
-Good choice to pass, dribble or shoot
-Change of Direction and Pace
-Angles of Support and Proper Spacing
-Engaging the defender
-Opportunity for a combination play (i.e. wall pass)
Check out this exercise for proper Passing and Receiving Technique.
Relevant Age Groups:
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17, U18, U21 and Older
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).