1. Defender passes the ball the furthest player.
2. The defender steps into the grid, trying to disrupt the flow of passing by clearance or possession.
3. The 3 attackers on the outside try to connect 10 passes or nutmeg the defender. 4. Once the play is dead, the attacker that cause the turnover goes to defence and the defender take his spot as 3rd attacker. We play 3v1 again.
Coaching Points: 3v1 Play
1. Passing Triangle: Weight, Timing, Accuracy.
2 Quality of first touch, keep the ball moving.
3. Communication: Speech, Gestures, Eye Contact
4. Off ball movement to create better angles of support.
5. Quality of decisions made.
Here is an exercise to help the players with their Passing and Receiving Technique.
Relevant Age Groups:
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17, U18, U21 and Older
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).
Soccer Drill Categories:
- Warm Up Drills
- Passing Drills
- Receiving Drills
- Shooting Drills
- Attacking Drills
- Defending Drills
- Combination Play Drills
- Fitness Drills
- Small-Sided Games