- The 3v2 Transition to 4v3 exercise begins with 1 defender on White serving to 2 attacker on blue.
- The blue team tries to score with their 2v1 advantage.
- After the shot (or White clearance) phase 2 begins with the white team countering with 3 players against those same 2 blue players.
Coaching Points: 3v2 Transition to 4v3
- Angles of support.
- Off-ball movement.
- Combination play (1-2s, overlapping runs).
- Communication (eye contact, vocals, gestures).
- Cut the field in half with your body shape and position.
- Influence the attacking team to play towards your support defender.
- Delay, Support, Balance.
- Patience, staying relaxed.
- Timing the tackle.
- Protect the middle at all costs.
Relevant Age Groups:
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17 and Older
Check out this exercise for proper Passing and Receiving Technique.
Check out my eBook “50 Soccer Training Exercises” for more training session ideas.
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).
Soccer Drill Categories:
- Warm Up Drills
- Passing Drills
- Receiving Drills
- Shooting Drills
- Attacking Drills
- Defending Drills
- Combination Play Drills
- Fitness Drills
- Small-Sided Games