- 5 minute rotation for this 4v4 +4 neutrals SSG.
- Players inside the grid must retain possession of the ball.
- Bumpers on the outside act as neutrals, limited to two touches.
- Team with more possession wins that round.
Another way to score points could be every time a team plays a certain number of passes in a row.*
Coaching Points: 4v4 +4 Neutrals
- Make sure the attacking players are moving for their partners and opening up in space.
- Make sure balls are passed with good pace and on target
- Encourage players to communicate verbally and with their body and hands.
- Do not force split passes, move the ball and they will come naturally.
Relevant Age Groups:
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17, U18, U21 and Older
Here is another exercise to help players with their “Combination Play”.
Check out my eBook “50 Soccer Training Exercises” for more training session ideas.
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).
Soccer Drill Categories:
- Warm Up Drills
- Passing Drills
- Receiving Drills
- Shooting Drills
- Attacking Drills
- Defending Drills
- Combination Play Drills
- Fitness Drills
- Small-Sided Games