- Ball is played across the pitch.
- One person will receive the pass while the other player will step out to play off the ball.
- The receiver will pass to her partner, partner will set up the receiver for long driven ball.
- Can in play in 1 touch, or in 2.
1) Driven ball along the ground
2) Driven ball in the air
3) Bent ball on ground
4) Bent ball in the air
Coaching Points: Ball Striking Technique
- Receiving: Body behind ball, Eyes on ball
- Short Passing: Pace of pass, which foot?, where? Eyes on ball
- Ball Striking: part of foot/ball, toe down, ankle locked, Eyes on ball, Follow through.
Check out this exercise for proper Passing and Receiving Technique.
Relevant Age Groups:
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17, U18, U21 and Older
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).