- P1 dribbles to the cone at pass.
- P1 turn at he cone, plays a pass to P2 in their line.
- P2 sends a lofted ball to P3 on two touches.
- P3 controls the aerial pass, becomes P1. The dribbling and passing warmup sequence continues.
Coaching Points: Dribbling and Passing Warmup
- Short, quick touches on the dribble.
- Have them work on turning inside and outside the foot.
- Get low on the turn.
- Ball striking technique on the pass (part of foot and ball, toes curls, ankles locked, follow through).
- Receiving technique (first touch, keep the ball moving, foot down, body shape).
- Communication (eye contact, gestures and vocals).
Check out this “Passing and Receiving Warmup”.
Relevant Age Groups:
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17, U18, U21 and Older
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).