1. P1 rolls the ball out and plays a pass to P2. P1 then makes an overlapping run to the far post.
2. P2 plays a diagonal ball to P3 who should already be in motion. P2 makes a run to the near post.
3. P3 sends an early low cross into the box. P1 or P2 must get there and finish on one touch.
*P2 can dummy pass to P1 in the box.*
*Allow the players to get creative in the box.*
*Add defenders as a progression.*
*Switch the flanks and play through the left channel as well.*
Coaching Points: Early Low Cross
1. Passing Triangle (weight, timing, accuracy of the pass).
2. Game tempo.
3. Quality first touch.
4. Clinical in the box.
5. Harmonious Spirit.
Relevant Age Groups:
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17, U18, U21 and Older
Click here for Combination Play with Shooting.
Check out my eBook “50 Soccer Training Exercises” for more training session ideas.
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).
Soccer Drill Categories:
- Warm Up Drills
- Passing Drills
- Receiving Drills
- Shooting Drills
- Attacking Drills
- Defending Drills
- Combination Play Drills
- Fitness Drills
- Small-Sided Games