1. Players being on the coach’s “Go”.
2. Players sprint through the dummies.
3. Coach plays a through ball.
4. Players attempt to be first on the ball and try finishing under pressure (two touches or less for the activity progression).
Coaching Points: Finishing Under Pressure
2. Protect the ball
3. Part of the Ball / Body
4. Eye on the ball, head up to see where the goalie isn’t, eyes back on the ball when striking.
5. Chest down
6. Toes curled.
7. Follow though.
Relevant Age Groups:
Here is another exercise to help player with their “Finishing Technique”.
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17, U18, U21 and Older
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).