- Player A passes to Player B, and proceeds to overlap. Then Player C begins his run to the corner.
- Player B hits Player C on the through ball and makes his run to the near post while Player A makes his run to the far post.
- Player C crosses the ball and A and B attempt to score with/without a defender.
- Reverse direction half way through and continue finishing with headers .
Coaching Points: Finishing with Headers
- Proper Heading technique (eyes open, mouth closed, engage leg and neck muscles, use the forehead).
- Clean, crisp passes.
- Good movement to build up the cross.
- Time runs of forwards.
- Crosser has good first touch and good cross into the runs of the forwards.
Relevant Age Groups:
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17, U18, U21 and Older
Here is another exercise to help players with their “1v1 Attacking”.
Check out my eBook “50 Soccer Training Exercises” for more training session ideas.
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).
Soccer Drill Categories:
- Warm Up Drills
- Passing Drills
- Receiving Drills
- Shooting Drills
- Attacking Drills
- Defending Drills
- Combination Play Drills
- Fitness Drills
- Small-Sided Games