1. Have the player take 10 FKs from any five positions.
2. When he or she is done have them do it again.
3. Repeat the process multiple times.
*Focus on the player’s ball striking technique when taking the free kick.
1. Take as much time as you need. Read the position of the free kick, have a good understanding in regards to what is happening around you (for example goal positioning). How will your approach to the ball be?
2. Type of shot.
3. Part of the foot/ball.
4. Locked ankle.
5. Curled toes.
6. Follow through.
Here is an exercise to help players with their overall Ball Striking Technique.
Relevant Age Groups:
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17, U18, U21 and Older
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).
Soccer Drill Categories:
- Warm Up Drills
- Passing Drills
- Receiving Drills
- Shooting Drills
- Attacking Drills
- Defending Drills
- Combination Play Drills
- Fitness Drills
- Small-Sided Games