1. Have the players pair up to work on their individual defending technique.
2. Attacker dribbles to down the field while dribbling left and right.
3. Defender adjusts their body position and body shape while jockeying backwards.
4. Defenders work on their technique. Its not about winning the ball in this moment.
5. Player switch roles when the attacker reach the end of the pitch.
Coaching Points: Individual Defending Technique
1. Eyes on the ball.
2. Close down, reduce space between you and the attacker.
3. Body shape, side on position.
4. Knees bent.
5. Pivot off the back foot.
Relevant Age Groups:
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).
Soccer Drill Categories:
- Warm Up Drills
- Passing Drills
- Receiving Drills
- Shooting Drills
- Attacking Drills
- Defending Drills
- Combination Play Drills
- Fitness Drills
- Small-Sided Games