1. Have the players pass the ball into the targets to work on their passing accuracy.
2. Beginners should focus solely on the middle target from 5 distances.
3. Coach should announce Targets just before the pass and test the player’s reaction (i.e. Position 1 Target B, Position 2 Target C…).
4. Work on one touch passing, two touch passing and dead balls.
Coaching Points: Passing Accuracy
1. Part of the ball.
2. Part of the foot.
3. Eye on the ball.
4. Locked ankle.
5. Follow though.
6. Chest down.
Relevant Age Groups:
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
Here is an exercise for “Finishing Technique”.
Check out my eBook “50 Soccer Training Exercises” for more training session ideas.
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).
Soccer Drill Categories:
- Warm Up Drills
- Passing Drills
- Receiving Drills
- Shooting Drills
- Attacking Drills
- Defending Drills
- Combination Play Drills
- Fitness Drills
- Small-Sided Games