- Players follow their passes as the sequence begins.
- P1 plays P2 and move to the centre of the circle.
- P3 plays P3 and takes his or her place on the outside.
- P3 plays P1 who is now in the middle and then moves to the centre.
- The passing circle warmup sequence continues.
Progress to one touch play.*
Encourage players to pass and receive with both legs.*
Alter the size of the circle to vary distance of pass.*
Add more players if need, keep a ratio of 1 ball per 5 players.*
Coaching Points: Passing Circle Warmup
- Quality passes (timing, weight, accuracy).
- Quality control and first touch. Keep the ball moving.
- Movement off the ball.
- Tempo (match speed).
- Communication (eye contact, vocals and gestures).
Here is another exercise to help players with their Defending Technique.
Relevant Age Groups:
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17, U18, U21 and Older
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).