1. Have the penalty taker take 10 Pks.
2. When he or she is done have them do it again.
3. Repeat the process multiple times.
Focus on the player’s ball striking technique when taking the penalty *
1. It is a mental game between you and the keeper. Is he or she giving you any clues on where to finish? Can you confuse the keeper with your eyes or run up?
2. Aim for one of the five corners (between the legs is the fifth corner). Trust your instincts.
3. Eye on the ball.
4. Type of shot.
5. Part of the foot/ball.
6. Locked ankle.
7. Curled toes.
8. Follow through.
Check out this exercise for Free Kick Technique.
Relevant Age Groups:
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17, U18, U21 and Older
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).
Soccer Drill Categories:
- Warm Up Drills
- Passing Drills
- Receiving Drills
- Shooting Drills
- Attacking Drills
- Defending Drills
- Combination Play Drills
- Fitness Drills
- Small-Sided Games