- Have the players form groups of 4-6 (depending on size of the pitch).
- The Coach will give a cone colour to begin the sequence race.
- Player sprint to the coloured cone.
- As they are running the coach will give them the next colour, and the sequence race continues for about 5-8 different cones.
- Last person to finish does 20 crunches.
For example: Blue, Orange, Red, Blue, Red, Orange, Yellow
- Forward sprint
- Back pedal
- Side Shuffle
- Hops and Jumps
Have the players get low, touch the ground for an easier change of direction.*
Number of sets run depend on age and size of the pitch.*
Relevant Age Groups:
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17, U18, U21 and Older
Check out this exercise for “Sprints”.
Check out my eBook “50 Soccer Training Exercises” for more training session ideas.
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).
Soccer Drill Categories:
- Warm Up Drills
- Passing Drills
- Receiving Drills
- Shooting Drills
- Attacking Drills
- Defending Drills
- Combination Play Drills
- Fitness Drills
- Small-Sided Games