1. Players on the outside work together to keep possession.
2. Their goal is to move the ball around to move the defenders. Look for the opportunity to split them.
3. Defenders try to gain possession or clear the ball.
4. The partnership that losses the ball goes to defence. The defenders take their place.
5. Defenders must remain in the middle for every time they are split by the attackers.
1. Good movement off the ball, angles of support.
2. Communication: eye contact, vocals and gestures.
3. Quality first touches, keep the ball in motion.
4. Game tempo.
Check out this exercise 3v1 Rotating Defender.