- P1 rolls the ball to P2, then sprints to the finish line,
- P2 must stop the ball with a quality touch, then tag P1 before he crosses the finishing line.
- Have the players to push-ups or sit-ups if the ball isn’t stopped properly, P2 tags P1 or if either play walks back to get in line.
Run this exercise for no more than 5 minutes.
Switch the side with the ball half way through.
Coaching Points: Sprints
- Check P2s first touch when stopping the ball. If he doesn’t stop the ball (dead ball) he does 10 pushups.
- Acceleration – How quickly can we get to our top speed.
Check out this exercise for proper Passing and Receiving Technique.
Relevant Age Groups:
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17, U18, U21 and Older
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).