1) Create three equal teams. The team in the middle starts on defence.
2) Coach serves ball to either end.
3) Receiving team must connect 5 passes and then switch the ball to the far end.
4) Defenders send one man in to put pressure, remaining teammates form a flat line and prevent the cross ball from reaching the opposite end.
5) If defenders prevent the cross, they take the attackers zone and those attackers become the defenders.
6) Coach serves ball to the opposite end and play continues.
*Challenge the players to play switch balls both on the ground and in the air.*
1) Speed of play.
3) Creating space.
4) Accurate, weighted, timely passes.
5) One or two touch passing.
Relevant Age Groups:
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17, U18, U21 and Older
Here is a warm-up you can you for a session focused on Passing and Receiving.
Check out my eBook “50 Soccer Training Exercises” for more training session ideas.
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).
Soccer Drill Categories:
- Warm Up Drills
- Passing Drills
- Receiving Drills
- Shooting Drills
- Attacking Drills
- Defending Drills
- Combination Play Drills
- Fitness Drills
- Small-Sided Games