I like this turning warmup near the beginning of the session. Gets the players passing, receiving, dribbling, running with the ball, turning and checking their shoulders.
1. Have an even amount of players on the outside circle and in the square within.
2. Players on the inside must dribble through the square and find a man on the outside, pass him the ball and make a run.
3. After he makes a small run he receives the ball back from the player on the outside.
4. He then must go through the inside square again and find a new player. Speed 1 before the square and Speed 2 through the square.
5. After 45-60 seconds rotate the players on the outside with the players on the inside for the next interval of this turning warmup.
2. Shoulder Checks (Awareness).
3. Passing and Receiving.
4. First Touch.
5. Ball Control.
6. Type of Turns.
Here is a training exercise to help with Turning w/ the Ball.
Relevant Age Groups:
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
- U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
- U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
- U17, U18, U21 and Older
- 60 Cones
- Coordination Tools – Hoops, Hurdles, Ladders
- Tactical Board
- Poles (Optional), Training Mannequins (Optional)
- A Ball per Player
- 3 Colours of bibs
- A Watch
- A Pump
- Air Pressure Gauge
- A Whistle (windy day).
Soccer Drill Categories:
- Warm Up Drills
- Passing Drills
- Receiving Drills
- Shooting Drills
- Attacking Drills
- Defending Drills
- Combination Play Drills
- Fitness Drills
- Small-Sided Games